Friday, August 6, 2010

Sweet P's c/o Tiffany

Sweet P's are: Prayers, Petition, Praise!, Courtesy of teawithtiffany.com

Today, I join with Tiffany (Tea with Tiffany) in appending my Sweet P's (Prayers, Petition, Praise!) with her and other fellow believers.

Father God,

I am humbled at the thought of joining others in prayer to exalt your name. I sense an unworthiness to come before the throne of grace, I kneel in your presence and I cannot make eye contact with you; I am in both awe and fear. My Lord Jesus sits to your right and despite my fears I move closer towards your throne.

My thoughts are unrehearsed and lacking cohesion but you command me to come boldly before your throne that I may obtain mercy and grace, helping in my time of need. This is my time of need Lord.

A friend asks that I pray, "for the courage to continue and discernment to know what to do next." and so I ask you to impart spiritual wisdom into the life of this believer and others crying out for wisdom. You have declared, "...if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who give to all men generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him." You are no respecter of persons my Lord so whomever lacks wisdom will be given if we but ask.

You are the God who knows our secret thoughts, fears, doubts and insecurities. Touch us with Your mighty hand of grace and soothe our concerns. We ask for peace and in response you have said, "Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives, do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful." I release my concerns, my fears, my insecurities, my doubts; placing my life, my hopes, and my trust in you.

"Abide in Me, and I in you." Lord Jesus may our lives remain connected to you because You have become our life and reason for living.

Strengthen us that we may have courage and conviction to face the trials of our lives (no matter what they are). Your word declares, "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." We speak with boldness by the power of Your Spirit but not with arrogance. We demonstrate the love of our Lord, Jesus Christ but not with the intent of selfish gain. We are encouraged to have the mind of Christ as Your word declares, "Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus..."

We offer to you our lives as a sacrifice of praise because you alone are worthy of the praises of the Living God. We want our lives to be acceptable and pleasing and we ask you to examine us as only the Living God can. You see and know our beginning and our end. You have established a covenant with us through Your Son, Jesus Christ. We embrace Jesus as our Savior and Lord and we declare that He is the Exalted One whom the scriptures foretold. He is the promise of our redemption, the satisfaction for our sins and the hope of our resurrection.

With one voice, we praise You, Almighty God and Father. Yes, we praise the name of the Lord Most High. Keep us in the shelter of Your wings and lead us along the path of righteousness and life.

May those who don't know You, see You demonstrated in our life and find encouragement and inspiration to seek You. When we sin, may we seek Your forgiveness and find Your merciful grace. Teach us to love as You love, to have compassion for others, to give of ourselves and be a blessing in the lives of those You have purposed us for.

You are the God of purpose and You have given to each of us a purpose, a passion and participation in Your glorious Kingdom. You bless us beyond our capacity to understand. All I can say is, "Thanks be to God."

Give us a forgiving heart Dear Lord. Teach us that You have a more excellent way than one I could produce on my own. You have shown me and allowed me to experience what Godly forgiveness is and I am in awe of Your infinite capacity to love and forgive a people that so easily turn our backs toward you.

Let my life and words uphold the integrity and truth of who You are. Let me seek Your face with sincerity and honesty each day I live; May the life I live be to the glory of Your Beloved Son, Jesus Christ. Amen.

5 comments:

Tea with Tiffany said...

This prayer made me tear up with praise and a huge amen. I absolutely loved every word from your heart and all of the Word you used. Powerful when God's people pray.

Thank you, thank you, MTJ.

I hope you join me again next Friday with more of your Sweet P's.

Have an amazing weekend.

IN Christ's love,

tiffany

Teresa said...

Amen to the power of prayer and approaching the Throne of Grace...notice it is not the Throne of judgement we approach. As we approach the Throne of Grace, we are able to obtaining as you have reminded us of The Word of God...obtaining mercy and grace in our time of need...'grace and soothe our concerns'...so beautifully written...thank you our brother for your humble adoration of our Father God!!!

Sharon said...

I am without words...what a beautiful prayer to our God - the One most deserving of all our praise, all our honor...and ALL of us!

Thank you for this lovely post...God has blessed me through you today...especially the ending.

Let me live with integrity and truth - faithful to who God is...let me seek ONLY His face...and may I live to the glory of Jesus, our precious Savior!!

GOD BLESS!

Glory to God said...

MTJ -

An amazing prayer indeed. The one thing that I find in prayer for those who are walking close with Christ is that they pray Scripture. What better way to affirm God's will in prayer than to pray His own Words!

I especially find the part where you say, "You are the God who knows our secret thoughts, fears, doubts and insecurities," very meaningful because of some of the difficulties my wife and I are facing with some decisions we need to make. It is so comforting to pray for His peace and comfort.

Thank you for prayer that is uplifting and glorifying to our Father!

God bless!

MTJ said...

Tiffany, Teresa, Sharon and Dean: I praise God for each of you. Through your writing, I find strength and encouragement to be a man of faith; the goal of being consistent in my daily walk with Christ. Like you, I have embraced faith in Christ as my way of life.