Friday, August 12, 2011

Thank You Lord!

Every now and then, I find myself in wonder and awe of the mighty God we serve. Since He is God (Isaiah 45:18), it shouldn't come as a surprise to me that His capacity to shower our lives with grace and blessings is:
  1. By His choosing
  2. Because of His unfailing love
  3. Because He is unchanging
So today, I want to be particularly focused in what I say to Him because I'm thankful (Psalm 18:49, Psalm 57:9, Ephesians 5:20, Colossians 1:12, 1 Thessalonians 5:18, Hebrews 13:15).

Three weeks ago, my oldest son and his wife became parents of a little baby girl. She entered this world struggling for her life. Every family member and extended family prayed for her survival. She is breathing on her own now but she needs to increase her intake of nutrition in order to gain sufficient weight to be released from the hospital. My son is a first time parent and as he and his wife continue to walk together facing some of the trials of parenthood, they both know there is a God who heals, and a host of witnesses who stand in prayer with them.

I don't know if this means the end of my topic on love, but it no longer matters what topic I write about as long as God receives the glory and praise.

If you don't know God, or if you're struggling with faith in God, if you find yourself mired in sin, then take heart my friend; God cares about you (Psalm 138:8). He loves each of us so much, that he gave His only Son (Jesus Christ) to die a painful death in our place (John 3:15-17, Romans 6:23, Ephesians 2:8); just to remove the penalty and stain of sin that condemned our lives. That's who God is! Ask Him right now to save you, to step into the confusion of your life and bring you the peace that goes beyond a measurable number (Philippians 4:7). While there is no guarantee that God will change your current circumstances, He will change you. God will enable and empower you to go through any fiery trial a person can face in this lifetime (1 Peter 4:11-13). That may not sound as appealing as rubbing a bottle and having a genie appear to grant you three wishes, but it's far better than living in a fantasy world.

God does the impossible that we might become witnesses that The Lord, He is God! (1 Kings 18:21-40)

When I think about how good God really is, it makes me want to shout His praise!

Almighty God and Father,

My soul asks,
"What shall I render to the Lord for all His benefits toward me? [How can I repay Him for all His bountiful dealings?]I will lift up the cup of salvation and deliverance and call on the name of the Lord...I will lift up my eyes to the mountains; From where shall my help come? My help comes from the LORD, Who made heaven and earth."

I will lift up my hands O Lord, exalting You as my Lord and God. Your love is beyond measure and Your grace can not be contained. There is joy which You have put in me, though at times, it is unspeakable, I cannot contain or restrain the words of adoration from my mouth. Thank You Lord God, You are great, and greatly to be praised! Look on those who need Your healing touch upon their bodies. If You but say a word, those who are mired in discouragement, will be strengthened and renewed. Send Your peace which transcends all understanding, which exceeds anything we can understand, and which surpasses all comprehension, so that our hearts and minds are protected and shielded in Christ Jesus.

This is our prayer today O Lord, in the mighty name of Jesus Christ. Amen.


Happy Birthday MG, I chose this song for you:


Spiritual Sunday'sNote: This post is linked to Spiritual Sundays (hosted by Charlotte and Ginger).


4 comments:

dunlizzie said...

MTJ -- Congrats on your new granddaughter. As a child who was born into a fight for survival myself, I know how God can do amazing things. I will be praying for her.

The Lord, He is God! Indeed. After reading your post one song came to mind - When I Think About the Lord..."it makes me want to shout Hallelujah, Thank You Jesus, Lord You're worthy of all the glory, all the honor, and all the praise!"

God bless -- dunlizzie

Carrie said...

A wonderful praise report! I will continue to lift up that little one!
Carrie

Sharon said...

Oh MTJ - Congratulations on your new granddaughter, and continued prayers for her strength. I am blessed by the faithful testimony of your son and his wife, as they rely on a God that they know is THERE, and a God who cares!

Praise the LORD!

GOD BLESS!

Charlotte said...

Congratulations on your new granddaughter. I know you will spend many days and nights praying for this sweet child.
BTW I just found out we can comment every day on the participating blogs for the Miracle Makeover so if you've already commented, I hope you will do so again.
Blessings,
Charlotte