Friday, March 15, 2013

Goodness of the Lord

Goodness of the Lord
The Goodness of the Lord

This week I am reflecting on the goodness of the Lord. I try not to take Him for granted, but I must admit there are times when I’m swept away into the so-called complexities of my life. Life can get hectic and stressful but I need to remember that my life is in God’s hands; in Him I have placed my trust.

A couple sits at home; they’ve got no food to eat. The husband takes the hand of his wife and begins to pray. A knock at the door and to their surprise it’s someone they met months ago in church. The visitor is holding a large box of groceries, telling the couple that while praying the Holy Spirit prompted him to bring food to them.

A young girl afflicted with Leukemia lies at home; her parents are at a loss because they lack the funds to pay for an experimental treatment. They wonder how they can raise six hundred thousand dollars. Someone familiar with their dilemma mentions it on Facebook and in less than one week, the funds arrive and the little girl is flown to Philadelphia to undergo treatment.

A young woman requires brain surgery in Germany; she hears about the little girl with Leukemia and gives all her funds to help. Others stepped up and give the needed funds so she can fly to Germany and have her surgery.

Some would say, “This was accomplished through the kindness and generosity of many” but I would say, “Many were moved by the Spirit of God to help.

The bible says that we should, “Give honor to whom honor [is due].” (Romans 13:7, KJV)

Is it so difficult to say,God is good”?

It’s easy to recognize the miracles that happen around us but too often we fail to recognize the things that happen daily in our life:
  1. Waking to the dawn of a new day
  2. Those with jobs, the ability to work
  3. Those in school, the opportunity to acquire education
  4. Those in ministry, the desire to serve
  5. Those who are married, the opportunity to discover the true meaning of love
For in him we live and move and have our being.” (Acts 17:28, NIV)

It is through the goodness and grace of God that we live, we exist, we function in this life; God is good.
written by MTJ


A Note of Thanks: I would just like to say that I appreciate each of you who visit My Thought-filled Journey. Taking time out of your schedule to read a post on this blog is encouraging to me. Many of those who visit, will from time to time leave a comment. Whether a comment is left is not important. What is important, is that you came. I do hope you find encouragement and inspiration in these words. Please know I will pray with you regarding any circumstance you may be facing. Feel free to write me to say "Hello", request prayer, or share what God is doing in your life. I have not said it enough, but thank you for the light of Chist in your life which illuminates the way for us all.

Note: This post is linked to Spiritual Sundays (hosted by Charlotte).Spiritual Sunday's

4 comments:

Rozalija Baričević said...

God does never forget us. God always accepts and loves us as His children. We have a problem with loving people. However, we have no problem in normal circumstances to love little kids because they don’t harm us. But with adults, problems arise because we can hurt each other. Then love comes into question.
What is dangerous is that we judge God the same, according to our human standards. God loves us while we are kids, but love us less as adults because we do a lot of bad things. These are our traps and misapprehensions. God is faithful in His love. He wants us to be happy, He loves us equally in every moment of our lives. We are always accepted, unconditionally. God does not love us because we are good, but He loves us because He is good.

Unknown said...

Dear MTJ
Yes, dear one, our God truly is good. Even when we don't understand why we go through the things we go through, we can rest assured that as His children, He diciplines us like any good, loving father would! Over via Charlote's. have a blessed Sunday.
Mia

LuAnn @ BackPorchervations said...

Following from the Spiritual Sundays blog hop at BloggerSpirit.

I was also moved today to write about things for which I am grateful to God. He is so good!

Anita Johnson said...

I am always glad I stopped by...