Friday, April 16, 2010

Back in the Day Friday

Like to see people smile...
and not frown
Like to see people up...
and not down
Like to see people share love
and not hate
Like to see people value time
instead of being late

That's makes me happy
Well, well
That makes me happy
Tell you that it gives me joy

Lyrics by Leonard, Melvin and Doug Williams

I've always loved music. Back in the day, my friends and I would sit around a turntable and spin records in kind of musical Can you top this song competition. Each of us had to weave a song into the theme of a previous song or initiate a new theme which everyone recognized as better. It was great times and always fun.

When I became a Christian and discovered the inspiration and energy of Christian music, I couldn't get enough of it. I met this fellow Christian who played in a rock band who asked, "Have you ever heard of Andrae' Crouch?" When I listened to Andrae' for the first time, I didn't realize Christian music was that good. Pretty soon I was listening to every type of Christian artist from Stryper to The Mighty Clouds of Joy.

One group I never tire of hearing is The Williams Brothers. They sing with such energy and joy.


The Williams Brothers -- Joy

0 comments: