“I love the LORD, because He hears My voice and my supplications. Because He has inclined His ear to me, Therefore I shall call upon Him as long as I live.”1
From the depths of where I am, God inclines His ear to hear my voice!
“I love God because he listened to me, listened as I begged for mercy. He listened so intently as I laid out my case before him.”2
Because He hears…
Because He listened…
God does something that is so incredibly appreciated; He hears me.
I need to remind myself that God is not:
- Someone who uses a caller ID-like feature to ignore me whenever I dial-up a prayer to Him.
- Someone who directs my prayers to voice mail.
- Someone who has His secretary screen my incoming prayers with a query, “What is the nature of this prayer?”
- Someone who can’t fit me into His schedule.
|Dear Jesus I Love you |
You're a friend of mine
You supply my every need
My hungry soul you feed
I'm aware you are my source
From which all blessings flow
And with this thought in mind
I know just where, where to go3
There is absolutely nothing that impedes God from hearing my prayer.
God hears me…it’s just that simple.
|Note: This post is linked to Spiritual Sundays (hosted by Charlotte and Ginger).|
- Psalm 116:1-2, NASB
- Psalm 116:1-2, The Message Bible
- Dear Jesus I Love You, song written by Walter Hawkins, album Love Alive 1
- The Ryrie Study Bible (New American Standard Version), Edited by Charles C. Ryrie, Moody Publishers, Chicago, Illinois, ISBN 0-8024-8920-6
- The Message Bible, by Eugene H. Peterson, NavPress Publishing Group, Colorado Springs, CO, ISBN-13: 978-1600060250