Friday, July 20, 2012

Who Do You See?


I will lift up my eyes to the hills--from whence comes my help?

Standing under a darkened sky,
    Alone with my thoughts.
My constant question is,
    What will you do?

I process this question…
    running it through every algorithm in my brain.
The results are still the same..
    Does not compute!

All I see...
    is the question.

One of the classic lines in the movie, The Matrix is:
    “It's the question that drives us…1
        but...
Is it the question or my own inability to see?
Have I becomes so consumed with the question,
    that I cannot see what lies before my eyes?


And then I hear a voice so clear…
    it resonates within me,
    in my spirit...
    in my mind...
    in my body.

Causing me to lift my eyes upward,
    to Him…

The voice echoes in my mind…
    “I will lift up my eyes to the hills--
    From whence comes my help?
    My help cometh from the Lord,
    which made heaven and earth.
2

All too often, I only see the question…
    instead of seeing The Lord.
But now, in this moment,
    under the canopy of the night’s dark sky.
You remind me once again…
    You are my help.

When will I understand…
    You are The Answer to the question.
Why do I forget to lift my eyes to You?
I smile, the smile of a child, filled with joy.
    the joy of knowing You.

I don’t know how You will help me,
    but I'm looking to You Lord.
I don’t know when You will help me,
    but I'm looking to You Lord.
I don’t know what You will do to help me,
    but I'm looking to You Lord.
I know my help comes from You.

I will look to You…
    trusting you to do what I cannot.
I will wait on You…
    to perform what concerns me.
I will smile at You
    for the assurance of Your love.
It’s You I see Lord…
    not the question.

Spiritual Sunday'sNote: This post is linked to Spiritual Sundays (hosted by Charlotte).
Footnotes:
  1. The Matrix, 1999, Warner Bros. Pictures; Directors: Andy Wachowski, Lana Wachowski; Writers: Andy Wachowski, Lana Wachowski. Watch video clip when Neo Meets Trinity
  2. Psalm 121:1-2, NKJ

4 comments:

Sherry Southard said...

The Good Lord definitely has all the answers, we need only ask for wisdom and He provides. Good poem. Thanks for sharing.

Charlotte said...

Wonderful questions and answers. Bottom line - He is the answer. Reminds me of the old bumper stickers that said Jesus is the answer.
Thank you for sharing.
Blessings,
Charlotte

peggy aplSEEDS said...

thank you for sharing this in spiritual Sundays. yes indeed, He is the answer!
hugs and blessings, peggy aplSEEDS

Pamela said...

Reminds me of the song, "Jesus is still the answer..." I love reading your writings. Always go away with a blessing!