Friday, May 2, 2014

Needing to Pray


Needing to Pray

I've been asking the Lord, "Give me words to say that encourage". I have several topics I could probably write about, but instead, I will offer this prayer. It is both personal and intercessory. If you are inclined, please join with me and pray as well. Leave a prayer in the comments, or leave a prayer request. Please know that our faith is in The I Am, The Eternal Almighty God. There was a time when I was ignorant and blind to him, but through the power of the gospel of Jesus Christ, my eyes see clearly now. He is Deliverer, Healer, Comforter, Forgiver, and words which can only describe the smallest aspect of His invisible attributes.

Lord God,

You who are high above the heavens, live within our hearts by the grace of your Holy Spirit. You see us, our lives, our struggles, our pain, and our sorrows; you are not ignorant to any aspect of of our life. You know everything about me, and yet you grace me with your eternal love. I want to ask you to hear this prayer, but Father, I already know you have. I am not wavering in my prayer, I am confident that in my spirit I may come boldly before the throne of grace and find mercy in the time of need; that time is now Lord God. You see what no other eyes can see. You hear what no other ears would listen to. You speak what no other mouth can say.

Look now on those who are sick and need a comforting word of healing. You are able to touch with a thought, word, your Spirit, your loving grace. I don't question Why Lord because I trust in your wisdom. I believe that you are perfecting the lives of your children in ways which are too far beyond comprehension for our limited understanding. You prepare us, strengthen our resolve, give us courage to hold on. When others turn and run, you say, "Stand". Not because we are towers of strength, but because you want to be mighty through us. You choose us for the tasks we face, not by accident, but by your divine purpose. You designed us to reflect you. So we pray Lord God asking you to stretch forth your hand, touch and heal this body overcome with disease, confirm to your child that your grace is sufficient for the task at hand. We will not be fearful, trembling that you are not I AM. We know you are able, but even if we must go through this trial, that burns with a consuming, intense fire, we will not yield our faith in your risen Son, Jesus Christ.

So many suffer from unemployment, yet somehow, your grace continues to flow. We awake by your grace to see another day. We don't know how to make it through, but somehow, you provide grace in our time of need. We need you Lord! Help us Lord to launch creative ideas that capture our passionate treasured thoughts. Inspire us to see doors which we never imagined would open. Some have talents beyond our current status, we are capable of doing so much more. Help us channel our energy and efforts in ways that bless and encourage others. We humble ourselves before you and declare that we are able to do what you say we can do. Do I fear success Lord? Is victory beyond my reach? Are the obstacles too difficult to overcome? No Lord! You have made us conquerors!! No Lord, you have made us more than conquerors through the blood of your Son, Jesus Christ!

Look on our families, our husband, wife, children, children's children, mother, father, sister, brother, aunt, uncle, cousin, and friend. Watch over their life with your loving hand of grace. Lead and guide them in ways I never could. Use me to love them as I ought, as I desire, as you would love them. Help me to be an example of Christ on earth, someone who overcomes evil with good, someone ready, willing and able to pick up my cross daily and carry it with an appreciation and joy that can only come from you. I know I cannot do this on my own, but by your grace, I can persevere. I may be worn and tattered, my life may not glimmer as gold, but there is a light which illuminates my life that is incomparable! It is the light of salvation, the light of hope, the light of Christ.

Watch over and protect the borders of our land from dangers and conflicts. There may be efforts to undermine and create fear and chaos, but I ask you to allow your peace to rule and abide. Guide our political leaders to serve as leaders, to govern not on the basis of political affiliation or favored status, but guide them to be courageous leaders that inspire each of us to be citizens honored to be filled with patriotism. Watch over the lives of those who serve in our military, law enforcement and judiciary. Help them serve not simply with pride, but with honor. Confound the actions and plans of criminals, who would do harm within our borders. Protect the lives of the innocent.

How can I pray with being thankful Lord? What is my prayer without thanksgiving? I'm not talking about a solitary day in November. You know that the appreciation in my heart for who you are, what you mean extends so far beyond the memory of one day. No Lord, I woke up today grateful for your love and grace, thankful for the truth of your word. So I will say, "Bless the name of the Lord, because he is holy, good, right, loving, truthful and gracious!" Thank you Lord God for hearing our prayer, in the name of your most holy Son, Jesus Christ. Amen.

MTJ

A Note of Thanks: I would just like to say Thank you, to each of you who visit My Thought-filled Journey. Taking time out of your busy schedule to read a post on this blog encourages me. Many of those who visit, will from time to time leave a comment, but it really doesn't matter whether a comment is left. What matters, is that you came here. I hope you find encouragement and inspiration in these words. Please know I will pray with you regarding any circumstance you may be facing. Feel free to write me to say "Hello", request prayer, or share what God is doing in your life. I have not said it enough, but thank you for the light of Christ in your life which illuminates the way for us all.

Note: This post is linked to Spiritual Sundays (hosted by Charlotte).Spiritual Sunday's

0 comments: