- Lose weight.
- Spend more time with family
- Take a class
- Make some type of lifestyle change
We choose to obey that voice because we have an understanding of the purpose in what we hear.
So often I ask myself…
Will God hear me?
Does God hear me?
But I often forget He asks… Do You Hear Me?
It’s amazing how obedient creation is to God, yet… Why don't I obey Him?
“And God said, ‘Let there be light,’ and there was light.”1
God spoke, calling light into existence.
Light obeyed and submitted to the authority of God’s word…
Light illuminated the earth.
Light has a defined purpose; to illuminate.
What is my purpose?
How can I obey and submit to the authority of Christ without knowing my purpose?
“Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.”2
What is my purpose in Christ?
The purpose of the Christian is to illuminate Christ to a world darkened by sin.
“…not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others. In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus: Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;”3
How do I illuminate Christ?
I illuminate Christ by demonstrating the mind of Christ in my life, particularly when it comes to choosing the interests of others over my own self-interests. Demonstrating the attributes of Christ will illuminate Him in my life. Attributes such as love, compassion, kindness, humility, meekness, patience, forgiveness, self-control, joy, and peace will aid my God-given purpose to illuminate Christ.
As we usher in the dawn of a New Year, let’s all remember our true purpose for being here.
Let’s be the light of Christ for a world in need of vision.
|Note: This post is linked to Spiritual Sundays (hosted by Charlotte).|
- New King James Version, by Nelson Bibles, Thomas Nelson Publishers, Inc., PO Box 141000, Nashville, Tennessee, ISBN-13: 978-0840713704
- The NIV Study Bible, Edited by Kenneth Barker, Donald Burdick, John Stek, Walter Wessel and Ronald Youngblood, Zondervan Publishing House, Grand Rapids, Michigan 49530, USA
- The New Living Translation Bible, by Tyndale Charitable Trust, Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois, ISBN-13: 978-0842384896